Terms & Conditions
SteakStones is a recognised Global brand and as such we aim to provide a cost effective solution for you to receive your goods wherever you are in the World. We will ship your order from the most suitable location and you can view full shipping costs by simply selecting your choice of goods and entering your address to your shopping cart. If you have any delivery queries that aren’t addressed by this process, please just let us know.
Delivery times and receipt of goods – Canada
- Goods will be despatched within 2 days of receipt of your order if not sooner. If your despatch is likely to take any longer, we will endeavour to contact you, though occasionally situations out of our control may lead to slight delays beyond this timescale.
- Due to stock and transport issues, we are currently shipping Canadian order from our UK warehouse with FedEx’s market leading delivery service.
- Our Standard Canadian delivery time is just 1-2 days from despatch.
- Shipping charges vary depending on the weight of the combined items in your basket. You can view shipping costs on the checkout page.
- All orders may be liable to Canadian duty prior to delivery. This will vary between 5-13% depending on the Province in which you live. Further details can be found here: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/dtytx-drttx-eng.html
- Our couriers typically deliver between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, though occasionally there can be local variance. The Steak on the Stone Company Ltd values your order. To safeguard this, a signature is always required to acknowledge receipt of goods.
- If no one is available to sign for the goods at the delivery address, our courier will leave a card to arrange re-delivery or with details of where the parcel can be collected.
- We are happy to send items as gifts for people, but, to avoid confusion, please inform them in advance that a parcel from The Steak on the Stone Company Ltd is going to be delivered. Note: The value of the goods does not appear on the packing slip.
- Although we work closely with our couriers to ensure the best possible service and convenient delivery times, we regret that delays sometimes occur which are outside our control.
- If you have a specific deadline for your order please get in touch and we will endeavour to meet your requirements. We are not liable for any deadlines not met where we are not aware of the deadline.
- If you have any further enquiries please contact us.
General Terms & Conditions
Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and The Steak on the Stone Company Ltd will take place on the despatch of the products ordered by you, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in Ordering Information. Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- You not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the Terms & Conditions
- If there are any problems with your order, you will be contacted by our Customer Services Representatives.
We reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase by you at any time. We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure but, in the absence of negligence on our part, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
Please note that you are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish provided you exercise your right no longer than eight working days after the day on which you receive the products.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract prior to order despatch, please see Ordering Information. If your order has already been despatched please follow the procedure set out in Refund & Returns.
Description of Products
Each product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information, including Product Descriptions, appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position at the exact moment you place an order.
All prices displayed on our website are inclusive of VAT and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. The total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered plus delivery as applicable. You confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
All transactions on www.steakstones.ca will be processed in CAD Canadian Dollars.
Refusal of Transaction
We reserve the right to withdraw any products from this Website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this Website. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from this Website whether or not that product has been sold; removing or editing any materials or content on the Website; refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
To be eligible to purchase products on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under English law you must:
- Register by providing your real name, phone number, e-mail address, payment details and other requested information
- Be over 18 years of age
- Stipulate a delivery address in the United Kingdom. Please note that PO box numbers, hotels and accommodation addresses are not acceptable
- Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us
By making an offer to buy a product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to, your debit or credit card number or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
We accept MasterCard, Visa payments or alternately PayPal.
You will receive an order confirmation email following the placement of an order. Please keep it in a safe place as we may ask you for information from it in any correspondence. If you do not receive this email please contact us, so that we may investigate and confirm that your order has been placed successfully.
Goods are normally despatched within 1-3 days of receipt of your order. If your order is likely to take any longer, we will contact you.
Note: Your order will be dispatched when every item is available. In the unlikely event that any of the items you have ordered are out of stock we will contact you as soon as possible.
If you wish to cancel an order, you may do so by emailing us. This must be done within one hour of placing the order. After this time, we may have already packaged your order and arrangements may have been made for it to be sent out to you. In this case, we would request that you return the goods to us once they have been delivered, following the instructions within Refunds & Returns.
Amending your Order
If you wish to make any other changes to the order, such as delivery address or quantity of goods, please email us within one hour of placing the order.
Tracking your Order
We use a variety of courier services in order to offer a competitive shipping rate and tracking links are added as standard to all orders to assist with your safe receipt of your goods.
We will email you when your order has left our warehouse. The email will tell you when to expect delivery, who the carrier is, any tracking number and provide relevant contact details. Please keep it in a safe place as we may ask you for information from it in any correspondence.
If you require an additional receipt for your purchase please contact us.
Returns & Refunds
- Due to the weight of and materials used in our products, occasionally damages do occur in transit and any damaged components will be replaced by us entirely at our cost.
- In the unlikely event that your order arrives damaged, please contact us or call +44 207 0787 558 within 30 days of your purchase.
- We will then arrange for replacements to be sent out to you at the earliest opportunity.
- In line with this free replacement policy, should your order arrive damaged and you choose to return, our standard refund policy below will come into play.
If your SteakStones purchase was unsuitable please follow the instructions below:
- To receive a refund you must notify us of your intention to return the goods within 30 days of receipt of delivery. Please note that your original delivery charges will not be refunded.
- You should arrange for collection of the goods including insurance to the value of the goods in case of any damage by return for which you are not covered under your purchase.
- The cost of returning the goods is at your expense. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- All goods returned must be unused with original product packaging and instructions where appropriate.
- If the goods do not reach us in an unused and saleable condition, and in their original packaging, then your right to a full refund may be affected.
Privacy & Security
www.steakstones.ca is a secure website. Every time you enter an area of the site that carries or requires sensitive information such as your credit card details, an icon resembling a padlock will appear at the bottom of your browser window. This is an indication that the site is secure.
www.steakstones.ca uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Private Communications Technology security standards that are supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later and other popular browsers. SSL encodes your personal information and all your transactions are protected by the powerful SSL encryption technology. SSL encrypts your credit card number, name, address, phone number, identification number and password as it travels through the Internet, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server.
Data Protection Notice
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information we may obtain about you. By registering as a user of the services provided by www.steakstones.ca and by using The Steak on the Stone Company’s web site generally you agree to this use.
- When you register and use this site you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfill our agreement with you.
- We may use information you provide or is obtained by us:
a. To register you with our web site and to administer our web site services;
b. For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing program. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example, automatically selecting products or services, which we think will interest you from the information we have. We may inform you (by e-mail, mail or otherwise) about products and services which we consider may be of interest to you.
c. For the prevention and detection of fraud.
d. To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
- If at a later date you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing information from The Steak on the Stone Company Ltd, you can unsubscribe by sending an email to us with “unsubscribe” in the subject field.
- We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
a. To employees and agents of The Steak on the Stone Company Ltd to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by The Steak on the Stone Company Ltd now or in the future.
b. Agents who profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
We may also disclose your information:
c. To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
d. If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
- In order that we can monitor and improve the site, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser version and the web site you visited prior to our site.
- We may supplement the information you provide to us with information we receive from third parties.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
- You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.
SteakStones is a brand of The Steak on the Stone Company Ltd, a UK registered company under 5654202.